Financial investors lower net long position in Euronext wheat
PARIS, Oct 19 (Reuters) -
* Non-commercial market participants reduced their net long position in Euronext's milling wheat futures and options in the week to Oct. 14, data published by Euronext on Wednesday showed.
* Non-commercial participants, which include investment funds and financial institutions, dropped their net long position to 119,991 contracts from 121,668 a week earlier, the data showed.
* Commercial participants similarly reduced their net short position to 138,168 contracts from 142,840 a week earlier.
* Commercials' short positions accounted for 61.3% of the total short position, while commercial long positions accounted for 38.9% of total long positions.
* Non-commercial short positions represented 38.7% of total short positions, while non-commercial net long positions accounted for 61% of the total longs.
* The report covered all of the open short positions and nearly all of the open long positions in the wheat derivatives.
* In Euronext's rapeseed futures and options, non-commercial market participants lowered their net short position to 16,947 contracts from 18,717 a week earlier.
* Commercial participants also cut their net long position in rapeseed to 16,919 contracts from 17,729 a week earlier.
* To access Euronext's position data for commodity trading, which also covers maize futures: https://live.euronext.com/products/commodities (Reporting by Forrest Crellin;Editing by Elaine Hardcastle)
© Copyright Thomson Reuters 2022. Click For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp