Financial investors lower net long position in Euronext wheat
PARIS, Nov 2 (Reuters) -
* Non-commercial market participants cut their net long position in Euronext's milling wheat futures and options in the week to Oct. 28, data published by Euronext on Wednesday showed.
* Non-commercial participants, which include investment funds and financial institutions, reduced their net long position to 71,632 contracts from 84,816 a week earlier, the data showed.
* Commercial participants similarly cut their net short position to 90,733 contracts from 102,660 a week earlier.
* Commercials' short positions accounted for 59.5% of the total short position, while commercial long positions accounted for 44.9% of total long positions.
* Non-commercial short positions represented 40.5% of total short positions, while non-commercial net long positions accounted for 55.1% of the total longs.
* The report covered all of the open short and open long positions in the wheat derivatives.
* In Euronext's rapeseed futures and options, non-commercial market participants lowered their net short position to 14,577 contracts from 16,546 a week earlier.
* Commercial participants also decreased their net long position in rapeseed to 14,326 contracts from 16,363 a week earlier.
* To access Euronext's position data for commodity trading, which also covers maize futures: https://live.euronext.com/products/commodities (Reporting by Forrest Crellin; Editing by Maju Samuel)
© Copyright Thomson Reuters 2022. Click For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp