You are here
Financial investors raise net short position in Euronext wheat
PARIS, May 16 (Reuters) -
* Non-commercial market participants increased their net short position in Euronext's milling wheat futures and options in the week to May 10, data published by Euronext showed.
* Non-commercial participants, which include investment funds and financial institutions, raised their net short position to 39,150 contracts from 30,949 a week earlier, the data showed.
* Commercial participants increased their net long position to 42,266 contracts from 33,108 a week earlier.
* Commercials accounted for 68.9% of the open interest, while non-commercial categories represented 21.3% of open interest.
* The report covered 90.2% of open interest in wheat derivatives, compared with 91% the prior week.
* To access Euronext's position data for commodity trading, which also covers rapeseed, rapeseed meal and maize futures: https://derivatives.euronext.com/en/commodities (Reporting by Gus Trompiz; Editing by Mark Potter)
© Copyright Thomson Reuters 2019. Click For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp
Tip of the Day
When you buy a used piece of precision ag technology, one of the first things you will need to do is make sure the firmware or software is... read more