Financial investors reduce net long position in Euronext wheat
PARIS, Aug 10 (Reuters) -
* Non-commercial market participants cut their net long position in Euronext's milling wheat futures and options in the week to Aug. 5, data published by Euronext on Wednesday showed.
* Non-commercial participants, which include investment funds and financial institutions, lowered their net long position to 79,315 contracts from 80,285 a week earlier, the data showed.
* Commercial participants raised their net short position to 100,422 contracts from 99,140 a week earlier.
* Commercials' short positions accounted for 65.3% of the total short position, while commercial long positions accounted for 49.8% of total long positions.
* Non-commercial short positions represented 34.7% of total short positions, while non-commercial net long positions accounted for 50.3% of the total longs.
* The report covered all of the open short and open long positions in the wheat derivatives.
* In Euronext's rapeseed futures and options, non-commercial market participants extended their net short position to 21,592 contracts from 19,266 a week earlier.
* Commercial participants reduced their net long position in rapeseed to 19,021 contracts from 19,463 a week earlier.
* To access Euronext's position data for commodity trading, which also covers maize futures: https://live.euronext.com/products/commodities (Reporting by Forrest Crellin)
© Copyright Thomson Reuters 2022. Click For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp