Financial investors reduce net long position in Euronext wheat
PARIS, Oct 26 (Reuters) -
* Non-commercial market participants lowered their net long position in Euronext milling wheat futures and options in the week to Oct. 21, Euronext data showed on Wednesday.
* Non-commercial participants, which include investment funds and financial institutions, cut their net long position to 84,816 contracts from 119,991 a week earlier, the data showed.
* Commercial participants similarly reduced their net short position to 102,660 contracts from 138,168 a week earlier.
* Commercials' short positions accounted for 59.5% of the total short position while commercial long positions accounted for 42.8% of total long positions.
* Non-commercial short positions represented 40.5% of total short positions while non-commercial net long positions accounted for 57.2% of the total longs.
* The report covered all of the open short positions and nearly all of the open long positions in the wheat derivatives.
* In Euronext's rapeseed futures and options, non-commercial market participants trimmed their net short position to 16,546 contracts from 16,947 a week earlier.
* Commercial participants also reduced their net long position in rapeseed to 16,363 contracts from 16,919 a week earlier.
* To access Euronext's position data for commodity trading, which also covers maize futures, go to: https://live.euronext.com/products/commodities (Reporting by Forrest Crellin Editing by David Goodman )
© Copyright Thomson Reuters 2022. Click For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp