Financial investors trim Euronext wheat long position
PARIS, Nov 25 (Reuters) -
* Non-commercial market participants reduced their net long position in Euronext's milling wheat futures and options for a fourth straight week in the week to Nov. 20, data published by Euronext showed on Wednesday.
* Non-commercial participants, which include investment funds and financial institutions, cut their net long position to 87,995 contracts from 102,679 a week earlier, the data showed.
* Commercial participants narrowed their net short position to 110,183 contracts from 116,408 a week earlier.
* Commercials' short positions accounted for 69.8% of the total short position, while commercial long positions accounted for 52.8% of total long positions.
* Non-commercial short positions represented 29.5% of total short positions, while non-commercial net long positions accounted for 44.7% of the total longs.
* In Euronext's rapeseed futures and options, non-commercial market participants increased their net long position to 15,463 contracts from 11,305 a week earlier.
* Commercial participants expanded their net short position in rapeseed to 17,889 contracts from 13,168 a week earlier.
* To access Euronext's position data for commodity trading, which also covers maize futures: https://live.euronext.com/products/commodities (Reporting by Gus Trompiz Editing by David Goodman )
© Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Click For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp