Financial investors trim long position in Euronext wheat
PARIS, Aug 5 (Reuters) -
* Non-commercial market participants lowered their long position in Euronext's milling wheat futures and options in the week to July 31, data published by Euronext on Wednesday showed.
* Non-commercial participants, which include investment funds and financial institutions, cut their net long position to 9,535 contracts from 11,739 a week earlier, the data showed.
* Commercial participants increased their net short position to 22,212 contracts from 9,561 a week earlier.
* Commercials' short positions accounted for 69.2% of the total short position, while commercial long positions accounted for 66.6% of total long positions.
* Non-commercial short positions represented 20.8% of total short positions, while non-commercial net long positions accounted for 23.3% of the total longs.
* The report covered 90% of the open short positions and 89.9% of the open long positions in the wheat derivatives.
* In Euronext's rapeseed futures and options, non-commercial market participants lowered their long position to 6,218 contracts from 8,117 a week earlier.
* Commercial participants reduced their net short position in rapeseed to 14,942 contracts from 16,738 a week earlier.
* To access Euronext's position data for commodity trading, which also covers maize futures: https://live.euronext.com/products/commodities (Reporting by Forrest Crellin. Editing by Jane Merriman)
© Copyright Thomson Reuters 2020. Click For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp