You are here
UK wheat exports still running well behind last season
LONDON, April 16 (Reuters) -
* British wheat exports rose slightly in February but are still running well behind last season's pace, according to customs data.
* Exports for the month totalled 37,418 tonnes, up from the prior month's 33,843 tonnes.
* Cumulative exports for the season, which started on July 1, 2017, totalled 343,728 tonnes, sharply down from 1.25 million tonnes during the same period a year earlier.
* Wheat imports during February totalled 94,725 tonnes, down from the prior month's 140,644 tonnes.
* Cumulative imports of 1.10 million tonnes were virtually unchanged from the same period last year. (Reporting by Nigel Hunt; Editing by Adrian Croft)
© Copyright Thomson Reuters 2018. Click For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp