You are here
UK wheat imports slow in December, lag last year's pace
LONDON, Feb 13 (Reuters) -
* British wheat exports slowed in December and are running
behind last season's pace, according to customs data.
* Exports for the month totalled 24,566 tonnes, down from
prior month's 53,539 tonnes.
* Cumulative exports for the season, which started on July
2017, totalled 272,479 tonnes, sharply down from 1.07 million
tonnes during the same period a year earlier.
* Wheat imports during December totalled 116,120 tonnes,
the prior month's 161,027 tonnes.
* Cumulative imports of 856,994 tonnes were slightly up from
840,094 tonnes in the same period last year.
(Reporting by Nigel Hunt. Editing by Jane Merriman)
© Copyright Thomson Reuters 2018. Click For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp