You are here
UPDATE 2-Egypt's GASC buys 350,000 tonnes of wheat - trade
(Adds link to complete list of offers)
CAIRO, Dec 6 (Reuters) - Egypt's state grain buyer, the General Authority for Supply Commodities, has bought 350,000 tonnes of wheat in an international purchasing tender, traders said on Thursday.
Of the total, GASC bought 290,000 tonnes of Russian wheat and 60,000 tonnes of Ukrainian wheat, traders said.
GASC is seeking the wheat for Jan. 21-31 shipment.
Traders gave the following breakdown of the purchase in dollars per tonne:
* Daewoo: 60,000 tonnes of Russian wheat at $236.30 and $15.90 freight equating to $252.20
* Daewoo: 55,000 tonnes of Russian wheat at $236.75 and $16.60 freight, equating to $253.35
* Aston: 60,000 tonnes of Russian wheat at $237.35 and $15.90 freight, equating to $253.25
* GTCS: 60,000 tonnes of Russian wheat at $237.40 and $15.90 freight, equating to $253.50
* Louis-Dreyfus: 60,000 tonnes of Ukrainian wheat at $236.60 and $16.70 freight, equating to $253.30
* Glencore: 55,000 tonnes of Russian wheat at $236.30 and $16.95 freight, equating to $253.25 For of a full list of offers presented at the tender, please click on (L8N1YB3GG) (Reporting by Maha El Dahan in Dubai, Michael Hogan in Hamburg and Nadine Awadalla in Cairo; editing by David Evans)
© Copyright Thomson Reuters 2018. Click For Restrictions - http://about.reuters.com/fulllegal.asp