Vas and Zoetis's collaboration makes dairy genetic data collection effortless
Dairy farmers will now have the ability to streamline the record-keeping of their herd's genetic and production data when using two software platforms from VAS, an integrated farm management system tech company. Vas is teaming up with Zoetis to give farmers better compatibility crossover between Vas’s PULSE platform, a broad farm management cloud-based software, and DairyComp, a herd health system with Zoetis’s CLARIFIDE genetic and fertility testing.
- READ MORE: Six new products from World Dairy Expo 2022
The Zoetis genomics integration is one of 40 integrations with other dairy data collection technologies offered by VAS. The unification with Zoetis makes it easier for farmers to view genomic and herd data in one place for efficient herd management.
"The powerful combination of genomic data and herd management software helps inform profit-driven decisions," says Scott Noble, VAS vice president of strategy. "To farmers, now you can begin the digital transformation of your dairy farm by bridging the information gap to boost productivity and build your future herd."
Below are five ways the collaboration helps you improve your management:
- Save time by entering data in one place, including animal identification, lab samples, and pedigree data. When you first enter the PULSE Platform, it automatically updates all new data within Zoetis’s SearchPoint, the company’s genetic database.
- Use DairyComp mobile, an app to locate animals for sampling and scan their sample barcode to store on their record while moving through the barn.
- Submit a genomic sample submission form electronically through the PULSE Platform to assign sample types and select the CLARIFIDE test to be performed and submitted.
- Comprehensively monitor an individual animal's genomic test status with PULSE.
- Search the genomic values and test results through PULSE's CowCard genomics tab. You can also automatically synchronize updated genomic values in PULSE and DairyComp.
"Our collaboration with VAS makes it easier for dairy producers to capture the value of genetic testing and the accuracy of genomic predictions for health and production outcomes in their herds," says Jason Osterstock, DVM, Ph.D., vice president and head of precision animal health at Zoetis.
Learn more about how this integration can help your dairy connect with VAS Support or check out the new site, PULSE Platform.