5 Ways Talking to Farmers Can Help a Start-Up
Farmers must be a part of the ag tech discussion. It seems like a simple statement. Yet, engaging farmers in a product’s development is an area that ag tech start-ups have struggled with.
“The importance of including farmers earlier in the development process cannot be understated,” says Jeff Walter, president, chief integration officer, Rhea + Kaiser.
In his session at the fifth annual AgTech Nexus this past week that took place in Chicago, Walter shared how talking to farmers can help a start-up:
- Clearly define the problem you are trying to solve and validate its importance.
- Understand how farmers currently approach this problem, where they get their information, and how they talk about it.
- Identify potential obstacles in driving adoption.
- Enhance product development and design early in the process.
- Set and manage adoption expectations.
- Ensure your go-to-market strategy aligns with how the industry is structured.
Over many years, Diane Martin and Jeff Walter with Rhea + Kaiser have collected a wealth of knowledge about farmers and how to market products and services to them. They share their insights at Marketing to Farmers.