AeroVironment’s Next Generation of Quantix Drone And AV Decision Support System Take Flight
It’s been nearly a year since AeroVironment launched its Quantix hybrid drone and AV Decision Support System (DSS) to agriculture.
Built for crop scouting, the Quantix takes off and lands like a multirotor. It has the range, reliability, and efficiency of a fixed wing. Its unique, hybrid design allows the aircraft to launch vertically and then transition to horizontal flight. It can survey up to 400 acres in 45 minutes.
During flight, integrated sensors capture high-resolution color and multispectral imagery via dual 18 megapixel cameras. On-board processing delivers true color and NDVI imagery on the tablet, which is included, as soon as the drone lands. This allows you to ground-truth issues while you are still in the field.
For those looking for a more detailed analysis, Quantix seamlessly integrates with AV DSS to perform advanced image processing and data analytics – including True Color, NDVI, GNDVI, canopy coverage, anomaly detection, and more – to gain deeper insights into plant emergence, vegetative health, inputs, and resource management.
“The response from growers to Quantix & AV DSS across the country has been very positive,” says Jeff Rodrian, director, Commercial Information Solutions, AeroVironment. “The ag community values a powerfully simple-to-use drone and data analytics ecosystem that captures field data quickly and quantifies it in a format they can act on immediately.”
Growers also appreciate a company looking for feedback to continually improve its product offerings.
“We worked closely with our customers to develop the next generation of Quantix & AV DSS and to deliver the actionable intelligence that today’s growers need to drive their business forward and maximize every acre,” Rodrian says.
New for 2019
To optimize the user experience, the company is unveiling a number of new features, performance improvements, and safety enhancements for the 2019 growing season. All of these new features are available to current and future users at no additional cost.
- Variable Rate Layer. Users can now view, download, or import a Variable Rate Layer into a wide range of farm management software to create georeferenced application maps and prescriptions for use with variable rate controllers and hardware systems.
- John Deere Operations Center connected. With a single click, exporting variable rate maps from AV DSS into the John Deere Operations Center makes transferring data a simple task. In addition, field boundaries can be easily imported into AV DSS from the Operations Center to create georeferenced locations for future Quantix flights.
- Quick Resolution Imagery. If you’re in an area with a slower internet connection, you can select Quick resolution imagery, which decreases the total upload and processing time by 50%. Yet, you will still have access to AV DSS’s full suite of data analytics.
- Plant Count Beta Trial. AV DSS users will soon be able to participate in a Plant Count Beta Trial program at no additional cost. Utilizing machine learning and advance image recognition algorithms, this on-demand data product will provide growers with access to data analytics that quantify stand count and plant emergence.
New Pricing Packages
AeroVironment is also offering three new product packages tailored to meet the needs of individual growers, precision ag service providers, and large-scale farming operations. Each product package includes the Quantix hybrid drone and access to the AV DSS data analytics platform.
“Whether you’re a grower looking to put aerial drone data analytics to work on your farm, an enterprise ag business, or an ag service provider who wants to begin scouting fields and scaling your business, our goal is to provide flexible packages that meet your needs and budget,” says Rodrian.
- Quantix & AV DSS Bundle ($16,500). This package provides the entire hardware and software ecosystem and includes a three-year subscription to AV DSS online data analytics platform with unlimited data storage.
- Quantix Enterprise Bundle ($8,000). Developed for large-scale farming operations, this package provides pay-as-you-fly flexibility with a 50¢-per-acre image processing fee, unlimited data storage, and no monthly AV DSS subscription fee.
- Quantix Professional Package ($5,500). This package is designed for ag service providers and offers a turnkey franchise-in-a-box solution with everything needed to start scouting fields and building a business. It includes a $150 monthly subscription to AV DSS that provides access to exclusive Client Management and publishing tools, and a 30¢-per-acre image processing fee.
All three of these product packages are available immediately at authorized dealers nationwide.
To learn more about AeroVironment, visit avdroneanalytics.com.