CropX Unveils Smarter Soil Intelligence Platform
With the latest version of its soil intelligence platform, CropX is combining cloud-based ag analytics software and advanced soil sensor technology.
“Farmers are facing tough business and environmental challenges, and many are overwhelmed by the amount of smart farming options at their disposal. Unfortunately, many smart farming solutions to date have come with devastatingly high price tags and little value,” says CropX CEO Tomer Tzach. “CropX makes the era of connected soil a reality for farms of all sizes and budgets.”
CropX delivers the soil intelligence farmers need to dramatically increase crop yield and reduce water, fertilization, and energy costs. Its affordable, easy-to-use soil sensors and intelligence platform that integrate with top irrigation systems let farmers know if/when specific parts of a field need to be watered and how much water they need – via any smartphone, tablet, or computer. According to recent Beck’s Practical Farm Research reports, CropX-based irrigation produced 16% to 24% more yield compared with manual irrigation.
By enhancing features on its platform, benefits will include:
- A painless registration process that allows farmers to instantly access data from newly installed sensors without mapping a field.
- Access to the Field Drawing capability, which ensures the platform automatically knows important information about a newly installed sensor and the soil it is in based on USDA data.
- Immediate anomaly detection that alerts farmers about a potential issue, like an unusual change in moisture due to a pipe failur.
- Expansive insights by individual sensors, fields or zones – from current moisture to fill and drainage points.
- The integration of weather data, including three-day evapotranspiration forecasts.
- More control over how often sensors send data and who can access data with the addition of transmission and user setting options.
“CropX soil moisture sensors are super easy to install compared with others in the industry,” says Jason Rodgers of Titan Farms in Ridge Spring, South Carolina. “In addition, the company’s tech support has been great, and the ability to view data allows us to make decisions quickly. CropX is pioneering soil intelligence technology.”
Three versions of its spiral soil sensor are now available. Each delivers more accurate readings than traditional soil sensors by eliminating soil disruption and preventing preferential flow. Adding to the capabilities of the CropX Basic Sensor, the CropX Pro Sensor and the CropX Deep Sensor also offer:
- Global ease of use due to expanded compatibility with worldwide cellular systems.
- Increased sensor longevity because of a USB-compatible rechargeable battery pack.
- Satellite communication capabilities, which is an industry first.
- Better cloud data connectivity via a faster, self-selecting internal modem that automatically connects the sensor to the cellular service with the most powerful signal.
- The ability to measure electrical conductivity (EC) salt concentration in the soil as a first step into smart fertilization management.
- In addition to the 8-inch and 18-inch measurements standard in all CropX sensors, the Deep Sensor provides soil readings at 36 inches to give farmers visibility into important moisture, temperature and EC measurements at this depth.
Backed by the latest version of the CropX soil intelligence platform, CropX sensors are typically available for $600/Basic Sensor, $699/Pro Sensor, and $899/Deep Sensor. The annual subscription fee starts at $275/sensor.
“Our powerful soil sensors can drive immediate value due to our advanced soil intelligence platform, and we aim to continue expanding the value we deliver to farmers in the years ahead,” says Tzach.
CropX is also expanding its partner network and global market adoption. Its global partner pipeline currently spans 15 countries and centers on geographies that are significant agricultural exporters. The company plans to intensify its research efforts focused on soil health measurements such as carbon, micro-flora, and micro-fauna, as well as fertilizer cycle measurement and crop pest outbreak prediction and control measures.
For more information, visit cropx.com/product.