Parrot Releases Highly Precise Multispectral Sensor
Parrot has recently developed a new generation of its multispectral sensor. The Parrot Sequoia+ enables farmers and agronomists to automatically calibrate multispectral images using Pix4Dmapper or Pix4Dag. The result is a better user experience and more consistent reflectance calculations.
The R&D team at Parrot worked in conjunction with Pix4D to create target-less calibration, which enables users to obtain very precise crop data. This information can be used to:
- Visualize and understand crop health by using very accurate vegetation indices
- Monitor the evolution of a crop
- Generate management zones and track progress of seeding efforts
- Optimize fertilizer strategies to improve overall productivity
- Export accurate map outputs into farm management platforms
The suggested retail price for the Parrot Sequoia+ is $3,500.