Tom Farber: Matinee Missionary
Gil Gullickson, Executive Editor of Crops Technology talks with Tom Farber about his mission to build community spirit.
Farber has put community first since arriving in 1982 in this northeastern South Dakota city of 1,276 residents. He’s a renaissance man of sorts, splitting his time between:
• Working as an agent for Farmers Union Insurance in Britton and as a loan officer at First Savings Bank in Hecla, South Dakota.
• Serving as president of the Britton Economic Development Corporation that has attracted several manufacturers to Britton.
• Starting a community theater.
• Refurbishing dilapidated buildings into business and apartment units.
• Recruiting medical professionals to practice and live in Britton.